Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Summer, Summer, Summertime

Summer is on its way and I can't wait.  Yes, its crazy hot and humid on the east coast  and the mosquitos eat me alive, my hair is almost always frizzy and don't even get me started on the sweat!  But there's something about smelling BBQ as I take an evening stroll, eating popsicles on the porch, lounging at the pool, leaving the house without a coat, hearing children playing, collecting shells at the beach, road trips, bike rides, summer concerts, movies in the park, longer days, awesome tans, camping, hanging in the city, picking strawberries at the farm and too many others to list, that somehow make it all worth it.                                                                                                            
Last summer we started a new tradition of making a list of activities we want to do the second that last school bell rings.  Its a fun way to get everyone involved.  I try to pick a variety of activities both in and outdoors because somedays its too hot out or raining.  I also look online, in the papers and by word of mouth to find out about any free activities. That is especially important because I am working part time now and the funds are not the same!  Uwishunu is a great resource if you live in the Philly area, or sign up for Living Social or Groupon.  Also, check out your town or city's website for local info and possible discounts.  
Here's our list for 2013:
Here are some of my favorite photos from past summers:








How do you plan for summer?  What are some things you are planning to do this summer? 


No comments:

Post a Comment