Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hi-ho, Hi-ho, back to work I go....

So tomorrow marks the end of my 5-month hiatus from work and right about now, I am wishing I lived in one of those countries that have 1 year maternity leaves.  And, not to be a complainer but, I am dreading it.  I am not ready to leave the baby for such a long time.  My work days are 12 1/2 hours long, plus commuting time of an hour, round-trip.  The baby is usually fast asleep by the time I will be leaving and getting home, which means I might not get to see her at all!  That's really what I am upset about.  I keep reminding myself that I should be thankful that I have a good job and health benefits and a luxury that most working moms don't have...I only have to work 2 days a week!
I have been exclusively breastfeeding, so because I was too tired in the beginning, I began pumping about a month ago.  I think I have a good amount of milk to begin with.  Pumping is such a pain, but a necessary evil!
My husband will be caring for her while I work, so we did a dry run today for him getting our 9 year old ready and off to school (which he has been doing for years) but this time with a newborn.  He did well until he realized he forgot my son's lunch in the stroller after dropping him off!
She has a pretty easy schedule at this point...wake, change diaper, eat, play, sleep, repeat!  The interesting part will be seeing how he pulls off helping with homework and getting dinner prepared--that's always a crazy juggling act for me!
There's not much other prep, because like I said, its only 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment