Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Update: I survived!

So, my return to work was interesting.  In addition to the thought of leaving my baby, I was worried about having time to pump and whether or not my mommy-brain would function well at work.  I could barely sleep the night before, so I was quite tired the entire next day.  I got to work though and realized that I had thrown out my work shoes right before I went on leave, and even though I had 5 months to replace them, I never did!  Thankfully, I was wearing sneakers.  Anyhow, work was obnoxious!  It was so busy, I barely had time to go to the bathroom, let alone pump!  I was so busy, I didn't even have time to realize that I missed her and being home.  All I could think about as I clocked out late...Welcome back!
The next 2 days were much better, thankfully.  I was able to pump and I wasn't as anxious.  It was nice to see all my co-workers and catch up on the latest.  I got to participate in my first delivery since going out and that was great.  No matter how many deliveries I see, the entrance of new life never gets old.

Mel faired well, for his first time alone with Mena.  She was fed, clean and happy.  The house...well, let's just say, I spent the next day cleaning.  I love my husband dearly, but he is only good for either taking care of the children or doing tasks, not both at the same time.  I thought I was alone in this, until I was discussing this at work with the girls and they mentioned that their husbands are the same way.  Oh well, at least I'm not alone!  As long as the kids are well and dinner's made, I am not going to complain about the rest...its a losing battle.

All in all, I still would love to be home full-time, but going back wasn't too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment