Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Nails



Going to the nail salon is fun but for me it feels like a waste of money and time.  I do go occasionally though, as a treat.  And, I did go faithfully during the last two months of my pregnancies.  You gotta keep them toes looking right even when you can't reach them anymore!  I have found that the manicures I give myself last just as long as the manicures I get from the salon and come out great, as well.  Here's a link that explains how to give yourself a manicure.
These are the tools required: cotton balls, nail polish remover, nail clippers, emery board, buffer, cuticle oil or cream, cuticle stick, small bowl (to soak your hands in), lotion, and polish (a color of your choosing, and a base and top coat.)  If you're going to do a pedicure also, you will need a larger basin ( for your feet) and a pumice stone.  All of these products can be found at your local drug or beauty supply store.
Picking the color out is the best part for me.  Sally Hansen, Essie, and OPI  all have great colors and most recently I purchased some polish from Revlon called Mint Mojito...I love this color!  I usually do my nails while catching up on a favorite show, then the drying process doesn't seem to drag on as long. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment